Saturday, April 25, 2009

Maybe I should watch more television?

As we have established I am a TV/Broadcast Journalism major. I don't think I've mentioned I'm double majoring in PR/Advertising and minoring in sociology. The sociology serves to balance out the vanity of my majors.

I'm currently in the process of interviewing for summer internships, and I'm finding that my disinterest for all things entertainment (celebrities, television, gossip, the like...) is becoming a burden. There was a time in my life when I boycotted any and all celebrity magazines. When my friends and family gossip about celebrities I feel like little pieces of my heart are dying. I just don't care. I enjoy making television and creating advertisements, it's just the watching I don't enjoy.

But in an interview at a PR firm I was asked which publications I read. I rambled a few titles (Cosmo, People, Star, etc.) and from there the interview and I discussed the significance of staying "in the know" when it comes to PR. I get it. But I'd rather read those publications for homework than for enjoyment.

Today I got a very exciting phone call that I made it into the final rounds for an internship in commercial production. The next step is to send in a DVD with my answers to a list of questions, the last question being: Describe your television habits--which shows and how do you watch it?

I'm really going to have to fudge this one. I'll probably talk about how I understand the development television in other mediums, blah blah blah, and then I'll talk around which shows I watch.

A few posts ago I used the title "Irony". Maybe that's what I should call my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment