Tuesday, April 21, 2009

7. Irony.

I'll admit it: I watched 10 minutes of "The Tyra Banks Show".

But I have a good reason!
A YouTube video called "25 Things I Hate About Facebook" that spread virally gained so much attention that Tyra wanted the Creator, Julian Smith, on her show. Since I had been following this story, I wanted to see Smith, who is my friend on Facebook, talk about his video and internet etiquette. (Google the video name or his name, it's pretty interesting!)

I tuned in on the wrong day, however, and was instead graced with the following story:
Tyra was interviewing (counseling?) a couple that wanted to divorce. They had only been married for a year. The problem? Their sex life. The wife didn't feel comfortable naked in front of her husband because she had gained a significant amount of weight since they got married. Tyra asked what their sex life was like before they tied the knot. The answer was that they had sex quite frequently, and when they did it was called "The Mission", which meant they would have sex in a park and then eat donuts afterwards. The mission was to get the donuts afterwards...

Ironic? I think so.

Have no fear. Tyra, of course, saved their marriage by having having a "sexpert" work them through their issues.

I can hardly believed I tuned in long enough to see the whole story. It was not that compelling. I'm telling you. It's addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment